An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio as a Senior Project Manager based on a customer site working on an Office 365 rollout.
A global ICT Services group consisting of several brands in 18 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America with an extensive history that extends over 125 years. It has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise, SMB and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Communication, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Product and Managed Services.
We offer a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to 90 countries. This is ranked number 3 globally according to Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
The Project Manager role is situated within the Projects Team area of the Operations Department and will carry out Project Management assignments for UK & Ireland clients.
Reporting into the Head of Projects, the candidate will be working as a senior member of a small team of professional project managers that work across a number of clients focused on transitioning clients into the business. The candidate will have direct responsibility for not only supporting the bid stage of large projects but also taking that project through delivery and into Business as Usual service via the support delivery team. The role requires strong business and commercial focus.
- Manage large and complex projects (typically over £350k) throughout the entire project lifecycle using best practice methodologies and techniques.
- Manage a Portfolio of projects (typically <£350k) throughout the entire project lifecycle using best practice methodologies and techniques.
- Have responsibility for delivering all projects to agreed (both internal and external) Quality, Delivery and Cost criteria.
- Build and develop relationships within a client organisation to enable smooth delivery of a project.
- Provide a point of escalation for significant project related issues (either internally from within the project or externally from the customer).
- Manage suppliers and third parties as required during the project lifecycle.
- Identify and manage risks to project delivery in a formal manner, ensuring that they are well communicated to all stakeholders.
- Mentor and coach members of the project team.
- Provide pre-sales support activities.
- Have responsibility for Project Accounting.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, reporting and forecasting to Senior Management.
- Ensure that a minimum of 85% of available time is billed to a funded project or Client.
Project Delivery Skills (Essential)
- Prior experience of infrastructure projects, especially Office 365 and Azure rollouts.
- Must have extensive experience and a proven track record of managing large projects throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Extensive experience of Project Management methodologies and techniques (e.g. PRINCE2).
- Proven ability to negotiate with clients and suppliers at a managerial level
- Experience of project accounting for large projects and responsibility for creating and maintaining a project budget.
- Track record of consistently managing to timescales and budget, without compromising quality.
- Must have some experience of matrix management of staff who do not directly report into the Project Manager.
- Previous experience in a Service Delivery role in an outsourcing organisation.
- Awareness of Continuous Improvement methodologies and techniques (e.g. ITIL, Six Sigma).
Business Area / Technical Experience (Desirable)
- Evidence of Managing large outsource transitions
- Managing Infrastructure as a Service migrations
- Managing Workspace as a Service migrations
- Managing Software as a Service migrations
- Managing Workspace transformation projects
- Managing large scale WAN and/or telephony based migrations
- Managing transitions related to LAN/IPT and Firewall technologies
- Managing technology transitions in a Contact/Call Centre business environment
- Managing complex unified communications projects (Skype / Cisco / NEC)
- Experience of migrations onto vBlock / VCE infrastructure platforms
- Experience of migrations onto an infrastructure as a service or datacentre hosting environment
- Degree Qualified (or equivalent)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or to apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can read here: https://pU623x
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'