About the role
Re is looking for a Senior Project Controls Manager to join our team based in Barnet, London.
Working to the Brent Cross Thameslink - Project Delivery Director and with other project controls professionals, you will develop and manage Brent Cross Thameslink programme schedule / plan and support the overall Brent Cross Cricklewood programme that integrates developers' plans associated with comprehensive regeneration of Brent Cross Cricklewood area (both Brent Cross North and South). You will be an enthusiastic, flexible, forward thinking senior manager with practical experience of developing and managing major infrastructure programme plans / schedules.
The role will include the full range of programme management skills in providing scheduling / planning advice and the development of the relevant schedules.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council's development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
About the Brent Cross Project
The Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration will deliver a new quarter for London in accordance with its status as one of the Opportunity Areas identified in the London Plan. The approved development will provide:
- A new town centre comprising retail and leisure uses and a new office quarter with 4million square feet of office space;
- 7,500 new homesand approximately 20,000 new jobs;
- Doubling in size of the existing Brent Cross Shopping Centre;
- A new Thameslink train station and enhanced replacement bus station;
- Extensive changes to the highway, cycle and pedestrian network including a new pedestrian and cycle 'living bridge' over the A406 and vehicular bridge over the Midland Mainline railway;
- New and refurbished public parks, including a new riverside park along a diverted section of the River Brent;
- New and expanded primary and secondary schools;
- Replacement waste handling facility; and
- Replacement rail freight facilities.
What you will do:
- The post holder will develop and manage integrated programme schedules (consist of multi-disciplinary GRIP staged deliveries) of detailed delivery plans and provide support to programme directors on planning matters to assist service delivery;
- Setup planning department(s), and managing other professionals to provide comprehensive project controls support to developers, contractors and partners and progress monitor, assess and status report to the senior management;
- To operate as a senior planning professional, utilising knowledge of programme change management and change controls processes;
- To carry out a broad range of cost engineering activities including earned value management to assist Brent Cross - Cost Centre to support efficient management of the programme cost / budget;
- Interface management with key stakeholders, to review and appraise technical reports, plans and project controls documents associated with the programme to mitigate key delivery issues;
- To support risk management team to identify, review and provide mitigation planning options to the programme;
- Resource management though programme schedules / plans to assist senior management to identify and resolve resourcing constrains to the programme;
- To prepare accurate and timely progress reports, KPIs and other technical reports to the senior management and review contractor / developer reports for programme planning issues;
- Previous experience in managing a planning or project controls department in dealing with a range of complex infrastructure programme planning / scheduling
- Experience in GRIP staged programme delivery in a highly regulated Network Rail infrastructure and processes involved in interfacing with contractors and rail regulators;
- Proven ability to convert works scopes and/or technical documents into plans and develop integration mapping to the overall major programme schedule;
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.