Introduction and Position Overview
ukactive is a commercially minded not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
ukactive’s Strategic Projects Department facilitates big impact partnerships and projects that help turn the tide on physical inactivity. These partnerships and projects range from supporting well-known brands deliver their strategic objectives through projects or campaigns to primary care referral programmes at a local level. We help our partners develop their strategy and understanding of the active lifestyle sector through offering project management services, platforms for engaging the sector, opening up channels of communication and brokering new relationships.
The Senior Project Co-ordinator will work as part of the Strategic Projects Department. The role will involve providing support to existing ukactive projects and campaigns, delivering high quality projects ensuring external and internal key performance indicators and deliverables are achieved.
The role will also involve working with project partners, to activate project delivery. Partnerships comprise a range of organisations including national government and its agencies, local government, brands and new investment funds. The role will also entail developing the projects and campaigns with these organisations, to support the growth of ukactive’s portfolio, brand awareness and credibility.
Applicants will be expected to have some prior experience in producing high quality reports, presentations and documents and a desire to learn and deliver good practice project management.
Internal training will be provided to support the role and develop project management expertise.
- Acting as the primary source of support for a set of current ukactive projects and campaigns across the Strategic Projects Department.
- Day-to-day coordination and support on specific projects and campaigns through administration of its planned activities including planning, content development, working with partners and delivering key project outputs.
- Contributing to projects and campaigns, to grow interest, awareness and participation in ukactive projects, campaigns and services in supporting how they are communicated across the sector.
- Contributing to meetings, writing presentations, proposals and documents to stimulate greater levels of interest in the ukactive projects and campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- 1 year project coordination experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a dynamic environment and to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills.
- Confident, proactive and positive with the willingness to accept responsibility.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Motivated and proactive with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience of working in a similar organisation, such as a charity, not for profit, association or professional body.
- A genuine interest in health and physical activity would be advantageous.
- Interest in ukactive mission.
The Senior Project Co-ordinator will report to the Head of Projects and Campaigns who will be responsible for overseeing their workload and performance. The role will also include wider interaction and support to the Strategic Projects Director when working on specific projects.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering email
Closing Date: 7th May 2018