Senior Project Architect
Your new company
Is an established RIBA Chartered Architectural practice based in Reading. Providing a full architectural service from preliminary site analysis, building evaluations and feasibility studies through to building and completion of projects on site. With clients ranging from blue chip companies and house builders to individual clients.
Your new role
- Supporting Management and running of architectural projects within the Practice
- Ability, skills & motivation to act as independent project architect with support from staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Taking responsibility for leading and managing projects from concept design stage, through development of design and all necessary stages or applications for statutory approvals, production information, specifications, tender process, including carrying out inspections of projects on site, as defined by the RIBA Plan of Work;
- Managing project profitability and organisation of resources and co-ordination of projects, including managing variations of brief or instructions and action to recover additional fees;
- Drawing and presentational skills in tasks reflecting all stages of RIBA Plan of Work
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of building technologies and environmental design and ability to employ structural practice, construction techniques and processes relevant to the production of information encompassing all stages of the RIBA Plan of Work;
- Knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health & safety;
What you'll get in return
- RIBA Part 3 (at least 3 years post Part 3)
- Strong design skills
- Good organisational skills & ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to manage and appraise own working practices.
- Computer aided drafting skills, Revit and AutoCad.
- Good driving record
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us Marlon.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.