Your new company
My client was established in 1910 and until 2006, the organisation had three main divisions, each undertaking different activities related to scientific research. More recently, the Publishing, Bioscience and Microbial groups have been bought under a single brand. As of 2015, my client employed over 550 staff working from more than 21 locations. Their head office is located in Wallingford with projects ongoing in more than 70 countries with centres in Brazil, China, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malaysia, Pakistan, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, the United Kingdom and the United States. They are funded by Donors from around the world including the Department for International Development, the Swiss Agency for Development and Co-operation, the European Union and The International Fund for Agricultural Development. A not-insignificant portion of their revenue is made up of member country contributions.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to manage the overall budgeting, forecasting, accounting, auditing and reporting process for Projects and Programmes across the organisation. The role will provide support and analysis to the Programme Executives and Project Managers on all related financial issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of project accounting and donor reporting ideally within a not for profit environment
- Experience of communicating financial information to senior management both verbally and in writing
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting and analysis of financial information with a strong technical accounting background
- Record of establishing and / or auditing financial controls
- Team player with leadership ability and prior experience of line management.
- International finance experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively with non-financial managers and within a global environment.
- A conscientious, customer focussed approach, with the ability to be proactive and produce accurate results within short timescales
- Proactive problem solver, resilient, hardworking, dedicated and accurate.
- Good team player, willing to step in and help the team.
- Good interpersonal skills with strong personal organisational skills
- Attention to detail and capacity to understand and ensure compliance with different donor requirements.
- A flexible 'can do' attitude and willingness to deal with changing demands of the role
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary and pension package with above statutory holiday allowance.
Plenty of free parking in a countryside location in South Oxfordshire.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Project Accountant and Donor funding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job