Kelly services are excited to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity with a multinational bio-pharmaceutical company. The chosen candidate will be responsible for epidemiological/statistical programming to produce analysis datasets and statistical analyses and reports for observational research studies from data stored on Hadoop and Linux.
The role will involve interpreting plans of analysis developed by our epidemiologists. Candidates with experience of contributing or the ability to contribute to the development of these type of plans through their epidemiological knowledge or database or statistical knowledge will be particularly favoured. The main skills we are looking for however are the ability to interpret and clarify the details of an analysis plan and to implement the programming necessary to deliver the results requested.
At times candidates will need to deliver results within short timelines and on occasion will need to balance more than one study at a time. The role will include checking the accuracy of programs written by colleagues.
- The preferred candidate will have excellent SAS programming skills however candidates with limited SAS knowledge but proficiency in R will also be considered.
- Candidates must be comfortable with creating complex analysis data sets derived from large databases and have a careful eye for outliers and errors.
- Prior experience with large observational data sources (such as CPRD or THIN), the Hadoop Distributed File System and observational research methods is strongly desired.
- The ability to work effectively and successfully in a team environment, strong documentation, communication, and time management skills are essential.
- Ideally candidates will have at least 4-5 years' experience in statistical programming.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job