Do you have the Prince2 or MSP qualification and proven experience?
Are you naturally driven and motivated with excellent organisational skills, and stakeholder management experience? Would like to lead a committed and passionate team? If so, read on!
Our client is a high profile regulator, whose Social Programmes division is seeking a highly efficient manager to be responsible for managing the EESP Scheme Support team. This team manage the programmes systems and support functions and are key to the divisions smooth running.
Your role will be to successful deliver two key energy schemes through further developing and embedding good project management practices across the division and tracking the schemes progress. You will also:
- Be responsible for ensuring the effective management of programme governance
- Be responsible for developing and managing high quality management information
- Manage programme budgets
- Coordinate reporting to the finance team and updating of financial projections
- Plan and co-ordinate the implementation of future policy changes.
- Building relationships with Internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of future policy changes
The key responsibilities:
- Leading and coordinating the work of the schemes support function within EESP (currently a team of 4 with 1 x direct report)
- Managing programme-wide governance arrangements, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Overseeing production of high quality management information reports for senior stakeholders and board members
- Providing support and advice to colleagues on using project management related approaches and ensuring relevant controls and best practice are fully adhered to
- Leading on and coordinating the management of risks and issues within the schemes
- Identifying and coordinating the delivery of improvements, with a view to increasing value for money and mitigating risk
- Coordinating programme wide annual budget submissions, budgetary reporting and management of the schemes' budget
- Liaising with Finance team in relation to the monthly budget reports
- Supporting the development of new projects and the assessment of any changes needed as a result of scheme changes.
- Good understanding of project management methodology and experience of its practical application in managing projects and/ or programmes
- Proven leadership and line management experience
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage own workload as well as direct resources
- Self- starter with strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to drive improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills including ability to build good relationships both internal and external to the team
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to represent the division to senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing budgets
- Qualified to a degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- Practitioner qualifications in Prince2 and/or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and/ or Agile
- An understanding of the Government's energy efficiency and social programmes;
- An understanding of the process of legislative change.
+ Competitive Salary £46000 - £56500 (prorated)
+ 36 hour working week
+ Cycle to work scheme
+ 25 days holiday + bank holidays
+ Childcare vouchers
+ Season ticket loan
+ Employee wellbeing
+ Enhanced maternity /paternity pay
+ Subsidised Gym & Restaurant
+ Excellent transport links
If you are a dedicated individual with an interest in Energy, Environment and Public Services please don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Apply now for an immediate interview!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit how-i-became to find out what you could become.
- Programme Manager
- project manager
- renewable energy
- Warm Home Discount
- Energy Companies Obligation
- Energy Efficiency and Social Programmes