This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Assignment: Initially 12 months
Salary: £26,000 up to £28,000/pa
Our client a Higher Education sector is looking for a Senior Programme Manager to join their team.
Service Management Role
- Work effectively as part of a multi-functional team across collaborative organisations in the Consortium.
- To maintain excellent collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, both within the NHS Leadership
- Academy programmes and externally.
- Summarise complex operational issues/concepts and present them appropriately for a range of audiences.
- Ensure that both external and internal customers are provided with the highest levels of programme support and ensure there is effective communication amongst the Consortium
- Act as the departmental contact for relevant, senior points in the School in relation to the Programme.
- Work closely with College IT team to ensure IT systems for executive development activities which both promote operational effectiveness and which, while meeting the needs of the NHSLA Programme and Consortia partners
- To recommend and support the implementation of innovative solutions to improve service quality, efficiency and continuity and introduce long term, sustainable improvements.
- To identify areas of good practice to disseminate across the School.
- To identify business needs and solutions and make recommendations to the Development and Communication Manager and Programme Directors.
- To provide timely and useful management information on the NHSLA Programmes
Programme Management Role
- To manage the processes and procedures in respect of marks entry, exam boards and extenuating circumstances for the NHS Leadership Academy programmes in collaboration with the Programme Director
- To support the Executive Programme and Development Manager in the management and monitoring of the budget
- To support the Academic Lead of the Programme in developing operational strategies in the context of the NHS Leadership Academy requirements to ensure the service and programmes remain up-to-date and relevant taking into account both external factors, relevant management information and any changes in strategic ambitions.
- To support the Academic Lead in ensuring that the programme periodically reviews strategic and operational risk to inform the School - following guidelines on risk management and reporting -and ensuring that both strategic and operational planning is taken into account
- To work with the School, and college alumni and marketing, communications and web team, to ensure that the Programme maintains and enhances its profile and reputation at a national and International level and reflects positively on the participant experience
- To liaise with various project sub groups, for example IT and Library to ensure the programme runs successfully.
- To keep detailed project plans, assess and monitor a risk register; assess and monitor stakeholder analysis.
- To be empathic and attuned to colleagues - needs and able to liaise with the Consortium.
- To have an understanding of the needs of individuals within a complex business environment-Using an analytical mind with good numerical and data processing skills and the ability to draw concise, evidence based conclusions from data.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Proven relevant administrative experience across a range of activities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or proven relevant equivalent experience
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision, and to manage and prioritise a range of varied and complex tasks, completing them to the required deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Good oral and written skills
- High level of diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Problem-solving and organisational skills, with the ability to deal with complex and/or difficult situations
- Enthusiastic approach to management and leadership
- Experience of managing and leading staff across a range of activities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interpret, analyse and present information, and to formulate and implement clear proposals from that analysis which can inform the development of strategy
- Clear understanding
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Team player
If interested please apply or call or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job