Senior Programme Manager- Public Sector Events
Our client currently organises seven exhibitions per year, with the largest attracting over 3,500 attendees, with the high quality content a major factor in attracting them. Due to rapid growth throughout 2017 the need has arisen to recruit an experienced conference producer or someone with excellent knowledge and experience of public policy/public sector.
This role will also involve the line management of more junior conference producers with scope to build a larger team.
Public Sector decision makers, policy makers and budget holders attend to understand how they can deliver better public services through collaboration and solutions.
The role takes full responsibility for the content production of the shows, including research and validation of new commercially driven content areas. The focus is on developing and delivering innovative content that will attract the right profile of visitors, whilst aligning with the commercial objectives of exhibitors and sponsors.
This is a people-focused position where you will be measured on the quality of your content, ability to see the commercial opportunity and tenacity to secure sector-leading speakers, as well as successful and timely delivery.
The Programme Manager would work closely with the Portfolio Director to implement and deliver this strategic change, as well as driving the future direction and growth of the shows.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Content and event strategy
- Speaker management and onsite delivery
- Stakeholder management
- Content marketing and copy writing
- General Management
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for an individual that has excellent knowledge and experience of producing and developing innovative content for exhibitions and/or large-scale conferences. The right person will have great communication skills, amazing attention to detail and an eye for the innovative. They will be tenacious about making things happen, adept at working under pressure and to tight deadlines and a perfectionist when it comes to their programmes.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- At least an 18 month proven track record of producing content for high quality, commercially successful exhibitions and/or large-scale conferences or strong knowledge and experience of public policy/public sector from a research and content perspective.
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing commercially focused copy for a range of mediums
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- The ability to research and develop the content for multiple events concurrently
- Interest in and understanding of public policy
- Public Sector
- Conference Production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job