Work hard. Have fun. Make History! The Amazon Global Logistics EU team is confident that we can deliver on this slogan. We are looking to hire a highly skilled and motivated person to develop robust transportation capabilities for the delivery of Air freight into Europe for cross-border imports. This role is all about creating a strong supply chain, ensuring a smooth and efficient delivery process as a platform for sustainable growth and significant scaling of the business. You will have the opportunity to bring your own leadership capabilities to the role, creating value through managing relationships and driving execution discipline in operations.
Reporting to the Head of International Logistics, Europe, the role requires working with internal and external stakeholders to execute on the end-to-end supply chain for inbounding international Air Freight from various Origins into the fulfilment network in Europe to accelerate business growth.
In addition to general management of the operations, the position will be responsible for exploring strategic and tactical scenarios, designing solutions, developing business cases, and managing projects from ideation to production as part of continuously improving the efficiency of the cross border flows.
To be successful in this role, you need an aptitude for making data-driven decisions that will have direct impact on the customer experience, focusing on an impact based and process-driven approach. Key to your success will be the ability to execute the disciplines of operations management and the ability to lead through influence. This requires you to be an effective communicator to dealing with various stakeholder groups. Additionally, most critical will be the ability to operate at a bigger picture and tactical level in designing operations and improvement programs, while simultaneously managing the day-to-day operational execution as a key member of the EU team. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
Key responsibilities include:
· Key Performance Indicator (KPI) owner: Responsible for delivering the metrics defined for the EU destination business. Accountable for metrics set for internal and external support teams.
· Ensure that Air shipments are delivered into the network On Time
· Logistics Service Provider Management: Serve as Control Tower to oversee LSP performance. Accountable for LSP's efficient, effective, and compliant operations.
· Shared Service Team Management: Indirectly manage internal support teams such as Controllership, Finance, operations center teams, global trade services etc. that represent Amazon in direct interactions with carriers and customers. Build processes and tools to enable scalable and flexible operations.
· EU Customer Fulfilment Collaboration: Work closely with internal supply chain teams. Identify and solve conflicts with customer-obsession and data-driven mindset.
· Service expansion: Work with AGL Global Inbound Product and Capability team to evaluate, develop, or support new product/service programs that add value to customers and Amazon business teams.
· Cost Reduction: Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities for operations via improved LSP efficiency and reduced operational cost and charges. Drive tech solutions to reduce dependencies on variable labor cost. Consistently benchmark across lead time, cost and emissions to determine the best mode for shipments,
· Risk Management: Develop plans to smooth peak period operations. Identify at-risk parts of the operations and develop/execute contingency protocols to avoid service failures.
· Process: Take ownership for the development of SOPs, guidelines and new processes mapping and engage all key stakeholders to ensure end-to-end alignment and effective hand-offs between parties
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'