Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Role: Senior Program Developer for one of our locations in the UK (m/f)
In this position you work within the BI team to develop tools and analyze data for the Inventory Control & Quality Assurance business of our EU logistic centers.
You cooperate with Inbound, Outbound, and Inventory Control operations to dive deep into data to determine root cause of defects, build and maintain decision support tools, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
What do you do in the Program Developer role?
You solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
You are able to formulate logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, write new code, and test/debug new programs.
Your team trusts your work. You participate actively and constructively in the planning of your team’s work. You help to evolve your team’s practices, constantly looking for improvements.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can learn and help improve the experience for our customers.
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Information Technology
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in program development with cross-team collaboration
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in two or more of the programming languages Ruby on Rails and Java or Python
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
· You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· Experience as technical team lead
· Familiar with MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, RedShift
· Version Control using Git or Mercurial
· At ease with Linux
· Experience in testing (Unit, Integration)
· Agile development methodologies (SCRUM)
· Hardware architecture (Servers, redundancy, backups, performance analysis)
· Previous work experience in designing optimization models for inventory, network flows and other characteristics of supply-chain systems, even better.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"