Our client, a global manufacturer is looking for a Senior Production Manager to sit on the senior leadership team to lead the department of 60+ operatives and create an environment of continuous improvement. You will work towards maximising outputs, effectively lead the team including Team Managers and improve communication and cohesive working between other departments within the factory.
This FMCG manufacturer offers an innovative and comprehensive portfolio of products, manufactured at their UK factory, offering their customers a cradle to the grave service that is unrivalled in their sector.
The Senior Production Manager will be a cohesive and innovative leader who is able to find ways to engage, develop and empower staff to aid performance and look at strategies to enhance manufacturing accomplishments.
- To monitor and achieve agreed manufacturing schedules on time and in full.
- To increase productivity and efficiency with particular focus upon wastage, direct labour efficiency, lean manufacturing and planned improvement initiatives.
- To ensure all quality systems and processes are adhered to at all times and that all manufacturing records and reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- To initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in all areas.
- To ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships and communication with internal staffing, senior management, external suppliers and clients.
- To manage all process spends to agreed budgets.
- The management, leadership, performance management, development, recruitment and training of all staff within the function, direct and indirect reports, to ensure that performance is fully optimised.
The Senior Production Manager will need:
- Experience managing high volume production operations within a fast moving environment.
- Have experience of managing large workforce of over 60 staff.
- Excellent motivation and man management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and a track record of successful implementation.
- Ability to develop relationships with other departments.
- History of creating a team that are self sufficient.
Highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean Manufacturing
- Operations Management
- Senior Management
- Production Processes