Curtiss-Wright are seeking a Senior Production Engineer to join our established Engineering team in Cwmfelinfach, Gwent. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer to use their previous mechanical assembly experience to support the group and offers development into a supervisory position for the right individual.
Benefits comprise of a competitive total rewards package including a bonus and flex time working hours with a 12pm finish on Fridays.
- Ensuring the high quality of products produced through innovative test solutions and continuous improvement activities
- Monitoring key project mile stones are ensuring these are achieved
- Working with the Sales teams and customers to ensure that samples and new products are completed on time and supplied to the end customer
- Reporting to Senior Management on new project introduction, Kaizen events, process improvements and savings
- Establishing and developing Lean Manufacturing lines & Processes.
- Assisting with setting team and individual goals in line with company strategies and monitoring performance
- Supporting the quality department with customer visits and Audits
- Providing a technical support service for products and test equipment
- Assist in product transitions between respective manufacturing site
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieving the effective use of the Production Engineering Department resources
- Managing the New Product Introduction programme
- Prioritising work load to effectively meet the business objectives
- Mentoring and developing junior Engineers
- Ensuring compliance with all Safety, Quality and Production process standards
- Liaising with Production, Quality and Design Engineering
- Oversee continuous improvement activities
Qualifications and experience
- HND in engineering or equivalent
- 5 year's production engineering experience from a mechanical assembly environment
- Desire to mentor and develop junior employees
- Trained in the use and implementation of SPC, PFMEA & DFMEA
- IT skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally to support the needs of the business usually at predetermined dates
- Experience of using MRP system, drawing and design software systems
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt
- Knowledge of PPAP and 8D
- Experience of machining processes i.e. milling, turning & grinding
- · Knowledge of Edgecam and CNC machining
- 3D CAD skills preferably using Solid Works & AutoCAD
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one - and that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'