To source goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
To undertake SRM activities to drive continuous improvement and innovation through the supply chain
To work across the group to ensure opportunities are maximised and that a co-ordinated approach is maintained.
My client, based in Derbyshire, is an innovation in the market-place. They are a market-leader in their sector and are involved in one of the fastest growing house-building industries which is only going to increase. A fantastic time to join this company's direction.
The responsibilities for the Senior Production Buyer for manufacturing and production is to:
- Undertake strategic sourcing activities utilising established business tools and templates
- Support the development and communication of a sourcing strategy to shape purchasing decisions
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the planning function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Track and review commodity movements and make recommendations as to how this could influence product design.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Develop and manage the contractual relationship with key suppliers to manage business risk
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules where required
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- In conjunction with technical design, become the category product expert to provide guidance and insight to the architectural design team
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies, procedures, and ethics during supplier negotiations, contracts award, and all discussions.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Utilise compiled data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation and drive improvement actions
- Assess and evaluate suppliers as required to determine new sources of supply by developing an agreed set of KPI measures.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Liaises with customer / sales / business development team to determine customer requirements
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required from management from time to time
The successful Senior Production Buyer will have/be
- Proven experience as a buyer with a fast-paced manufacturing and production environment
- Must have Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning) and or ERP
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Demonstrable house-builder procurement experience at management level
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques
- Good with statistics
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can handle ambiguity
The Senior Production Buyer will be able to receive a fantastic salary, generous holidays, pension etc... and the chance to work for a company on an incredible journey.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job