Company: Buyagift PLC
Location: Barnet, Hertfordshire
Reports To: Head of Ecommerce
As Senior Product Owner you will be responsible for leading the delivery and development of Buyagift’s digital functionality improvements, with a focus on driving conversion rates, and hence meeting sales targets. This will cover the main Buyagift website, our recipient activation/exchange websites, and any products developed in the future (apps etc).
You will sit within the Marketing department, reporting into the Head of eCommerce, and will have x1 direct report (UX Manager). The role will be predominantly working alongside UX Manager and the Web Design/UX team.
The nature of the role means it is varies from supporting live issues to developing a product from concept to live. So a degree of pragmatism, influence and adaptability as well as innovation is required.
About the eCommerce Team
The eCommerce Team is a team of traders, website merchandisers, web designers, and CRO specialists. Together they are accountable for ensuring the delivery of B2C sales and conversion targets through all marketing channels within budgeted spend constraints. The team co-ordinates across many different areas of the business, including digital marketing and acquisition, buying, fulfilment and IT.
- Accountable for the technical and commercial success of the product (predominantly the website), through project delivery and excellent planning skills - take the lead in bringing innovative new solutions and ideas to the table
- Responsible for planning of product roadmap, including ROI based prioritisation and production of business cases, with input from the Product Team / UX Manager
- Responsible for the success of all Product based developments, through project management, leading scrums, and hence ensure delivery of all projects to deadline, working alongside UX, Designers and Developers
- Be the business stakeholder for identifying opportunities for improved/new functionalities, working alongside rest of Marketing department to identify customer drop out points or low converting functionality, and developing onsite solutions
- Responsible for holding knowledge of best in market eCommerce practices, including awareness of competitor functionality, eCommerce best practices, and new trends
- Introduce a process of regular user based optimisation, working alongside the Head of eCommerce and Design team to optimise key areas within the journey, to design and develop new website functionalities and UX driven solutions
- Work alongside UX Manager and Web Trading Manager to ensure development and implementation of AB testing strategy, with a specific focus on page structure, wireframes and functionality
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
This role will best suit an individual who is well organised, pragmatic, and a lateral thinker, with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Product development focused digital experience in a similar role within an eCommerce based / Transactional website with a minimum 4 years
- Experience of managing projects through the Agile method - working with stakeholders, designers and developers, coordinating across multiple departments, and constantly assessing priorities essential
- Exceptional web analytics knowledge (SiteCatalyst/Omniture, Google Analytics, Coremetrics)
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder and project management - ability to build strong relationships with key internal departments
- High attention to detail with an ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural planner, looking ahead, anticipating and escalating issues before they arise, providing solutions, and meeting deadlines
- Quick learner with ability to think pro-actively and build solid working relationships with wider members of the business
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- Experience of using Endeca
Note: The company office is currently located at New Barnet and will be moving to Borehamwood from March 2018 onwards. Successful applicants must be willing to commute to New Barnet for now and from march 2018 onwards to Borehamwood
- Product Management
- Web Analytics
- Website Development
- Agile Methodologies