We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our Digital team are responsible for all digital activity, Engagement, Watch, Trading, Support, News and Sports across Sky UK and ROI. They work closely with the business and TV programme stakeholders, to create a beautiful, simple and intelligent digital experience that's highly personalised but delivered efficiently through data-driven automation. They establish clear and prioritised requirements; define and own the entire roadmap of the Digital estate; and interface with Design, UX and Technology Teams to deliver a step change in digital adoption by our customers and prospects.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Product specialist who wants to play a leading role in shaping the future of our flagship products, Sky Sports and Sky News mobile apps.
- Use a range of sources to understand the needs and behaviours of Sky Sports and Sky News users and use these insights to guide your decisions.
- Identify market trends, future requirements and build into a product vision. Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Sky News and Sky Sports apps, as part of the wider Product strategy and the overall European roadmap
- Generate innovative product ideas, driving them through delivery and measuring success
- Forge and maintain close collaboration and partnership with Product colleagues across Sky UK, Sky Germany and Sky Italy
- Run a 'horizontal' capability (e.g. Personalisation) in addition to taking responsibility for your part of the roadmap
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders to understand their needs, as well as manage expectations around delivery.
- Work with UX, Design and Optimisation teams to concept, evaluate and define new - or iterate existing - product features
- Write concise user stories with good acceptance criteria in collaboration with Scrum teams to understand what needs to be developed and how it will be used
- Provide digital product knowledge and insight for colleagues across our business
- Oversee and mentor mobile app POs across Sports and News
- Line management responsibilities for three POs
- Commercial experience in a digital product role, preferably within a media environment
- A track record of managing multiple stakeholders and strong examples of clear and concise communication
- The ability to deliver cross-functional projects and a deep understanding of Agile methodologies (specifically Scrum)
- End to end product management experience - particularly in relation to apps and including the submission and approvals process for app releases across iOS and Android platforms
- Proven examples of requirements management and product prioritisation
- Comfortable using data and analytics to inform product decision and business requirements
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge and experience of global, high traffic mobile apps
- Technical understanding of digital development, products and services
- Knowledge and experience of the news, sports or media industry
- Experience of working with distributed teams and stakeholders across multiple locations
- Working knowledge and experience of product analytics
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job