Senior Product Manager
St Philips, Bristol
£40,000 - £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Our client celebrates 28 years designing and manufacturing quality medical training products for healthcare professionals. The company headquarters is based in Bristol, England, with subsidiary offices in the USA, Australia and Sweden. Their products are also sold throughout the rest of the world using an expanding network of over 80 distributors.
They have grown significantly in the last decade and has received a range of awards.
The Senior Product Manager Role
A pivotal part of the business, the Product Management Department is responsible for the full range of branded and factored products sold around the world.
Run through a structure of Category Management, each PM is both responsible for, and a product champion for a defined set of “families”. The PM’s are the go-to person for analysis, performance review, pricing, competition and curriculum relevance.
A key part of the proposition is product development. The inception starts and finishes within Product Management, with the PM holding a significant role (both internally and externally) with the development and launch of each product.
Reporting into the Head of Product Management, the role requires the management of direct reports and additional overarching responsibilities across the department.
- Management of Direct reports including:
- Overseeing projects are kept to plan.
- Development of the individuals within the team.
- Ensuring that priorities fit with the wider objectives of the PM team and business.
- Umbrella PM responsibilities.
- Between the two SPM overarching responsibilities will be assigned to ensure “uniform moving forward” and “collective thinking”.
- Day to day management of the assigned product categories including:
- Individual product functionality, features and relevance.
- Position in the market
- Curriculum needs
- Performance v expectations
- Support to the commercial team
- Supporting the resolution of product issues within the life of the product.
- Overseeing reporting PM’s product categories
- Understanding of the market within which L&T operates including
- Core target markets
- Wider simulation environment.
- Champion of New Product Development (NPD) with categories/ families
- Concept research and viability
- Overall project management through to launch
- Cross functional working with Research & Development and Production
- Co-ordination and education to commercial team for product launch
- Market analysis:
- Customer/user research e.g. usability testing, surveys and monitoring of positive feedback and complaints.
- Factored products (supporting L&T range)
- Identify, evaluate and assessment of relevance to business and curriculum needs
- Management of relationship with supplier
- Design and deliver product training to Sales and internal teams
Requirements for the Senior Product Manager Role
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- A medical qualification or experience within the medical / simulation sector
- Experience of managing projects and people
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role (project management)
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and experience to a small company setting.
- Practical, hands-on approach, and an interest in how things work with the confidence to constructively challenge when they could be improved.
- The ability to manage stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Research experience
- Good planning and presentation skills.
If you feel you are suitable for their Senior Product Manager position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'