We are looking for a creative, organised and pro-active candidate to join the team as a Senior Product Developer working to bring our designs to life using innovative materials and processes.
Your role will be varied, fast paced, and will involve working across various aspects of the buying process from initial concept trend ideas through to production and delivery.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Work collaboratively with internal design teams at concept stage through to our factory partners in the Far East to ensure the full product journey is delivered - from initial idea to shelf
- Be able to manage a fast-paced critical path from initial design concept through to delivery
- Maximise profit margins with effective negotiation of cost prices and MOQ’s
- Develop aspirational and commercially viable products through the identification of gaps in the market and emerging trends
- Full competitor analysis and awareness
- Present new ranges at sample sign off with a demonstration of your understanding around cost, MOQ, target customer and margins
- Manage factory relationships to ensure critical path deadlines are achieved
- Identify and source new factories and suppliers where required
- Analyse weekly trade reports - to identify trends and make suggestions to improve performance and deliver further profit opportunities for the business
- Create and up-keep of product specification sheets
- Approval of product and packaging artwork to ensure all details are accurate - in terms of sizing, product imagery, barcode, product codes etc
- Attend and assist at photoshoots for new season ranges
Key skills and experience:
- Experience of Far East purchasing with a solid understanding of product development processes
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple fast past projects in conjunction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial awareness, ideally with experience in party décor/gift/stationery
- Impeccable organisation skills
- Logical thinker - able to problem solve
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Experience of managing junior team members
- Experience of listing new products on websites and marketplaces - preferred but not essential
- Experience with developing paper product - preferred but not essential
- Microsoft Excel
- Product Development
- Profit Margins
- Product Specification
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'