I'm currently recruiting for a Senior Product Designer to join a manufacturer in Preston who are market leaders of moulded plastic products.
My client is a market leader in several European countries as well as shipping to over 60 other countries worldwide.
Based in Preston my client has a turnover of around £20m and employs around 185 employees, operating from a 4 acre manufacturing site and a 3.7 acre distribution site nearby.
The Senior Product Designer will be working with the R&D Manager to support the R&D team undertaking all aspects of the Design and Manufacturing process to the required specification, in line with quality standards and new product developments. This is a senior role with an element of responsibility and support for the product designers remit.
- The Senior Product Designer must meet the demands of supporting new product launches and entry into new industries.
- Excellent English language skills, desirable in French.
- Must be able to maintain an effective structured and organised environment for self and working with the R&D team.
- Able to balance priorities when several projects may be ongoing at any time. Able to multitask and be flexible in approach to workload, utilising time management tools.
- A dependable dynamic team manager
- A people manager - there is an element of people management in the role
- Degree in Product design or similar is favourable
- Background in Manufacturing is favourable
- Product design, which involve complex assemblies.
- Project coordination involving stakeholder management. Responsible for ensuring schedules are completed to deadlines aligned to the company strategy.
- CAD to support the design process.
- Tool design and manufacture reliant on new product developments, modifications and change.
- Design specifications in line with the company strategy and R&D key objectives.
- FEA Analysis. Involves the stress analysis of plastic parts aligned to the test specification.
- Product testing to current regulations including European legislation.
- Responsible for new product release documentation and coordination of the release procedure.
- Provision of technical support, drawings and other R&D related activities to support other function areas within the business.
There are a host of benefits for a Senior Product Designer on offer:
- A competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000
- 25 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of Bank Holidays and includes 4 day Christmas shutdown)
- Government Pension Scheme
- Private Health care
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted.
We will consider your application for other potential roles.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- "engineering design"
- "design engineer"
- "product design"
- "senior product design"
- "product designer"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'