You will have extensive public sector procurement experience and be ready to join a busy team. You will be carrying out a full circle procurement role which includes the following duties:
- Manage and lead end to end procurement projects, from inception to delivery
- Operational management of resources to ensure that assigned sourcing and procurement projects and other tasks are completed on time and to defined objectives
- Mentor and provide support to Prourement Specialists, Trainee Procurement Specialists and those involved in procurement activities
- Undertake project planning, development, management, implementation and delivery
- Identify, initiate, develop and deliver procurement related savings proposals
- Engage with suppliers and service areas to develop and lead procurement approaches that secure best practice and optimise value for money
- Ensure compliance with Contract Standing Orders and other relevant legislation
- Ensure sourcing and procurement projects are delivered in the most commercially effective manner
- Promote good practice with regards to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, equalities and delivering community benefits
- Handover contracts upon completion of each procurement projects
- Manage and support preparation of committee reports
- Deputise for Procurement Delivery Lead
- Other procurement duties as required
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of public sector procurement with end to end projects.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online immediately.