Senior Procurement Officer required for Government employer.
As a Senior Procurement Officer you will lead and manage complex and strategic collaborative and local procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirement and timescales.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage complex and strategic collaborative and local procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirement and timescales.
- Provide professional advice to a portfolio of senior customers on technical commercial matters to ensure capital and revenue budgets are spent in accordance with budget strategies and comply with Financial Regulations, Contract Standing Orders and Procurement legislation.
- Provide technical advice on routes to market and complex framework call-off requirements
- Contribute to commercial category strategies for a portfolio of spend to achieve the strategic aims and objectives.
- Lead on contract management following award of contracts, ensuring continued compliance and value for money throughout the life of the contract.
- Negotiate and influence senior forums (internal and external) to achieve the benefits of collaborative and local procurement. Educate and upskill non-procurement staff to ensure procurement is carried out in a compliant manner to protect the forces from reputational risk.
- Sit on a range of Project Boards to provide advice on procurement matters
- Deliver procurement savings plans for specific categories in collaboration with the customer ensuring quantifiable cashable efficiencies are identified, prioritised, delivered and reported
- Lead and manage complex and strategic force, regional and national collaborative procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirements and timescales. Apply own discretion and use own initiative involving complex and conflicting information.
- Develop tender specifications and evaluation criteria in accordance with best practice. Compliance with the regulatory framework for procurement, including the Public Contracts Regulations, is essential.
- Ensure all appropriate tenders are advertised through sell2wales and Contracts Finder and in accordance with Public Procurement Regulations, and are conducted and awarded through the etender system
- Manage contract reviews for contracts managed within the central procurement function, ensuring contract performance is managed in line with KPIs and customer requirements are met or exceeded. Support client departments to enable the development of strategic partnerships with key suppliers to share risks and benefits.
This is a full time permanent role paying up to circa £33k. The role is based in Cwmbran but the organisation adopts an agile working policy, so the successful candidate may work flexibly, both in the office and from home, with some travelling required for meetings.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'