Castlefield Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Officer to join a progressive not-for-profit organisation in Central Sheffield. This is a permanent opportunity, with a salary up to £28,000 on offer. This would be ideally suited to a candidate who is looking either to take the next step in their career or broaden their procurement experience across multiple categories.
- Acting as the key point of contact for procurement advice and guidance to a variety of stakeholders within the business ensuring compliance with business regulations
- Tendering contracts, issuing invitations to tender, and reviewing responses
- Monitoring supplier performance and recommending supplier changes where appropriate
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to achieve an improvement in price and SLA’s
- Allocating workload to the Procurement Apprentice ensuring purchase order requisitions and order queries are dealt with in the agreed timeframes
- Previous public sector or not-for-profit experience is NOT essential but would be desirable
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a purchasing environment
- Able to interpret complex procurement regulations
- Evidence of continued professional development (ideally working through CIPS)
- Strong Excel skills and data analysis expertise are essential
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'