Allen lane are delighted to be supporting Lambeth Borough Council in their search for a Senior Procurement Officer.
Lambeth is a thriving borough that has been on a significant improvement journey over the last 10 years. It has moved from 39% resident satisfaction in 2003 to 72% today and key to this improvement is the Lambeth Council staff.
Main purpose of the post:
In addition to supporting major Lambeth procurement projects, this post will provide Procurement advice for the London Borough of Lewisham and be based in Lewisham 2 days a week.
This post holder deputises for the Category / Procurement Manager in all matters across the category. The post holder will assist with the planning, managing and co-ordinating work of a team tasked with delivering a category specific multi-million pound annual procurement programme for the council.
The post holder will help shape the strategic plan for procurement for the category. They will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of specific projects that form part of the overall procurement programme across the council, which will include, the tender processes and delivering against the Council’s outcomes on commercial negotiations to secure the best value outcomes for end users and residents.
The post holder will:
·At Lambeth, the post will cover higher value and profile projects and require greater autonomy. At Lewisham this post will cover the full range of procurement rather than a single category and operate without onsite management support. There will be a requirement to balance two work programmes and operate within two different governance and strategic environments
- Play a key role in shaping and implementing the procurement strategy for the category with a focus on collaborative working and partnering.
- Assist in the category leadership of a professional procurement team to plan tendering projects and to negotiate and deliver value for money contracts.
- Fully participate in the development and delivery of a one year category specific programme for procurement that meets service timescales, facilitates the delivery of improved services, achieves value for money and is in keeping with the Council’s priorities.
- Support leadership, and provide expert advice and implement procurement best practice to deliver tendering projects across the category for the council.
- Participate in the implementation of contract and relationship management practices across the category for the council, working with colleagues, end users and providers.
- Ensure that contract leads across the category for the council are trained and suitably equipped to carry out their contract performance and supplier relationship management responsibilities in line with the agreed practices.
- identify, contribute and assist in updating council procurement policies and procedures accordingly within Lambeth’s governance arrangements.
- To quantify spending at category levels of all goods and services, identify, contribute and implement a year over year cost saving programme. Use a category management approach to spend analysis.
- Develop and agree with the Category / Procurement Manager an annual work programme for the category, participate, manage and monitor the programme and team performance. Agree relevant objectives and targets to ensure the delivery of value for money services.
- Produce reports and guidance documents on significant issues including supplier performance, strategic market management and policy matters as defined by the category team.
- Participate in the development of market intelligence reporting through structured benchmarking, market research and peer networking by the service contract managers.
- Recognise the necessary flexibility required to work as part of the category team and the wider professional procurement cohort and organisation as demand develops and changes from time to time.
- To manage and develop Procurement Officers and Procurement Support Officers.
For further information & to apply please visit the Allen Lane website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job