Are you a meticulous Senior Procurement Officer with an excellent attention to detail? Keen to work in the public sector/local government? We have an exciting opportunity to work within a busy department of a client based in Cwmbran. Offering full time hours, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their next career move. If you are happy to take on a temporary contract, are immediately available for work and are able to demonstrate the below skill set, don't hesitate; apply today!
1. To be responsible for procurement activities for non-pay spend.
2. To actively deliver an objective and robust value for money challenge mechanism to user departments to support their requirements and maximise their spend capacity by providing procurement advice and guidance, ensuring that all appropriate market options and associated risks are considered and highlighted in sourcing decisions.
3. To be responsible for developing, implementing contracts, and service level agreements for the procurement of goods and services on behalf of the client and public bodies.
4. To ensure that the contracting process is efficient and managed effectively.
5. To produce all documents for the tender process
6. To take responsibility for managing contract negotiations and reviewing contractual arrangements to deliver the most appropriate outcome.
7. To fully participate in the Performance Development Review process.
To be considered for this role you MUST:
Be a full member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or have an appropriate level of experience.
Have experience of conducting contract award procedures for a wide variety of commodities with contract values in excess of European Procurement thresholds.
Have experience of negotiating at senior levels both internally and externally.
Have proven experience of working within European Procurement Legislation
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job