Senior Procurement Manager
University of Warwick - Located in Coventry
£39,992 to £47,722 plus a non-pensionable market supplement of £2k per annum for a full MCIPS qualification
Benefits include- 34 days Holiday -Generous Pension -Car Parking onsite - Unique Campus setting- Discounted Sports facilities- Access to campus facilities- Childcare Vouchers + others
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s great success stories. In the fifty years since being founded, Warwick has become one of the country’s best universities, consistently in the top 10 of UK league tables and rapidly climbing the international rankings of world-class universities. With a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit and a group turnover of approximately £500m, Warwick offers exciting career opportunities for experienced procurement professionals.
The successful applicant will manage a defined area of spend and assist with the development and dissemination of best procurement practices across the University, delivering appropriate training to staff at all levels where necessary. You will identify priority categories within your portfolio and design, sell and implement solutions, which result in value for money being achieved and contribute to the University's overall Procurement strategy. Drawing on your experience in category management, tendering, whole life costing evaluation, contract formation and management, you will deliver best value framework agreements and assist non-procurement staff to obtain value for money. You will also be required to represent the University and communicate our requirements at meetings of external purchasing consortia and other groups. You will explore new opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in order to achieve savings targets, at the same time ensuring that the University’s legal obligations and funding conditions are met.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a target driven, procurement environment
- Detailed knowledge of procurement best practice and knowledge of tendering procedures.
- Solid analytical skills are essential, to be displayed across various categories
- Strong interpersonal skills to address the complex supply and service needs of academic, technical specialist and support members of staff
- Effective commodity management skills with an established record of delivering savings on category spends in excess of £10M
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of supervising staff
- MCIPS qualification / Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
Purchasing Professionals Recruitment Limited are acting as the sole supplier for this role. Strictly no other agencies.