Senior Procurement Manager Birmingham Interchange Station
As a Senior Procurement Manager at HS2 you will work within a small team to deliver the procurement activities of a procurement package with accountability for significant elements of procurement delivery for each package.
About the role:
- Responsible for significant elements of the operational procurement for the relevant package(s), ensuring that these are aligned with other similar packages and the overall HS2 objectives, including the delivery of wider benefits
- Supporting the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables as defined within the HS2 Construction Procurement Handbook. Following approval of the relevant Category Plan, this includes responsibility for developing key components of the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation to agreed timelines and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to permit release of this documentation
- Responsible for managing the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant package and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to allow appropriate short-listing and contract award
- Ensure HS2’s procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world
- Manage a Construction Procurement Manager and Construction Procurement Officer, ensuring their output is quality-assured at its source
- Ensure procurement reporting and management information is provided accurately and on a timely basis to synch with HS2 business reporting rhythm and cycles
- Present to boards and committees, as required, in order to respond to challenge and scrutiny.
- Experience procuring large value complex heavy civils / construction or similar works/services in compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations with a thorough knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts using the NEC suite of contract forms
- Demonstrated analytical, commercial and negotiating skills for complex propositions
- Skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents
- Knowledge of different NEC forms of contract and risk allocation including Early Contractor Involvement (ECI), Design & Build (D&B) components and Target Cost (Option C) NEC Contracts
- Operates comfortably in a matrix environment, with high influencing and communication skills – able to persuade on the basis of objective argument founded in fact and analysis
- Proven commercial expertise / acumen to ensure that value for money is secured and demonstrated
- Sponsor / Stakeholder relationship and management experience, together with highly developed communication and influencing skills.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"