ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To design complete deep draw stamping tool sets for pressing of high strength automotive aluminium BIW components using PAM-STAMP simulation.
• To perform part feasibility studies and report back to customers. Liaise and guide customers on improvements to part feasibility for the process.
• To design high quality tool faces in support of stamping simulation in CATIA.
• To create and maintain all the documentation related to the technology simulation.
• To contribute towards development of technology simulation techniques for hot stamping of aluminium and efficient tool cooling.
• To support tool try-out and part production.
• Function as part of the team.
• Represent the business at customer and supplier meetings.
• Work with customers and licensees matters of joint interest.
• Work with universities to further fundamental research.
• Experience in simulation of deep draw sheet metal stamping processes.
• Knowledge of stamping tool design including tool face design, construction and assembly.
• Ability to use CAD software for tool face design.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Strong desire to improve and learn new skills.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Automotive aluminium body in white and chassis applications.
• Understanding of the metallurgy of aluminium and its alloys.
• Practical experience with use of PAM-STAMP and CATIA.
• Experience in hot stamping simulation.