A chance to join a small, innovative and dynamic company to lead the Process Development of biochemicals and solid fuels from raw materials. The company is an award-winner in the "circular economy" and sustainability arena. This is a chance to make a difference to the world we live in, no less!
A key member of the Company’s R&D and product development function within the Commercial & Product Development Team. Reporting into the Chief Technology Officer with your focus being the product and process development of biochemicals and solid fuels from raw materials. The R&D team is tasked with developing the new product pipeline, associated processes and methodologies and providing technical and scientific support to plant/factory operations. The team is also responsible for the technical transfer of products to be manufactured either in-house or at toll manufacturers.
- Direct the design, research and development of new products from initial concepts through to prototyping, pre-production and final release
- Conduct product and process development on biochemicals and solid fuels from raw materials
- Design, conduct experiments and lead in-house trials and at tolling partner sites
- Identify suitable third-party partners (including toll manufacturers)
- Collect pertinent data/information, developing detailed engineering calculations, and writing formal engineering/technical reports
- Contribute to invention disclosures, patents and publications
- Review and sign-off product and process specifications
- Manage, mentor and engage in the development of junior engineers in the team
- Work with commercial lead on customer requirements
- Liaise with engineering/operations team regarding processes for front end handling etc
- Manage relationships with toll manufacturers, trial partners and others
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with third parties and colleagues
As Senior Process Development Engineer, you will have:
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Preferably Chartered Chemical Engineer status
- A minimum of 3 years industrial experience in process and product development, ideally in the food & beverage sector
- Experience in process design, scaling up to full plant design and commissioning
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute projects and project tasks and scientific research and development is required
- Expert-level with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and business objectives
- Proficiency in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
In addition, you will have the following core competences:
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of stability testing for solid fuels and biochemicals
- Knowledge of analytical methods for identification of organic compounds
- Ability to participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with customers and colleagues up to board level
- Ability to produce and present technical information for internal and external audiences (both technical and non-technical)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
Reporting Lines and Working arrangements:
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.Working in conjunction with all direct reports of the CTO and at all levels within and outside the business. Initially you will be joining a small team of 4 - 6 people.
Based in the Company's Laboratory in Welwyn Garden City with travel to meetings in London or Cambridgeshire as required, you will be required to show dedication and determination to complete all challenges facing your department. Travel in the UK and abroad will be required but limited.
Black Biro Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client.
- Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Process Design
- Production Process Development
- Analytic Thinking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'