Senior/Principal OLE Engineer
My client is looking for a senior/principal OLE design engineer to join their growing OLE design team in Manchester. They have major projects like TRU, Kings Cross and Leeds Station remodelling.
What is the purpose of this role?
Lead a design team to deliver all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client's specifications and make sure the project requirements are fully met
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme, within budget and ensuring compliance with all relevant technical standards
What will this role involve?
* Develop effective conceptual, outline and detailed design for OLE engineering solutions in allocation, basic and construction design, that are consistent with the project brief
* Undertake a wide range of design work on all aspects of the functions design and maintenance
* Implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief
* Progress projects through preliminary and detailed design with particular emphasis on client requirements and innovation.
* Liaise with clients and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the team.
* Advise on procedural requirements - Building Control, EA PPG's, Planning Applications etc
* Prepare and check engineering designs, calculations, and oversee drawing production
* Prepare and check contract documents and scheme cost estimates.
* Prepare and check technical documents and reports and assist in the preparation of expressions of interest and tenders.
* Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
* Supervise team members including all engineers, senior engineers, senior technicians and assistant and graduate engineers.
* Undertake Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE) roles for OLE design in accordance with Network Rail standards
* Respond to queries from and liaise with clients, infrastructure owners, members of the public and other stakeholder groups
* Maintain a strong focused client relationship
* Assist with contract preparation together with project planning and programming
* Project administration reporting to the Project Manager including monitoring programme delivery, resources and budgets
* Inspection work, feasibility studies, cost estimating for works and fees
* Effective management and response of project related correspondence
* Undertake site supervision duties of contractors and when required
* Checks to ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System and assist in its development
* Support Consulting in the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts
* Complete performance appraisals with direct reports and provide development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
* Chartered Engineer (CEng / IEng through IMechE or IET) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements;
* Extensive post-qualification experience in Overhead Line Equipment design
* Good experience of the co-ordination of the NR rail design process and team management.
* Experience of statutory processes - European Standards, ORR guidance, HSE, Group Standards, Network Rail standards
* Thorough understanding of interfaces between overhead line systems and other rail and non-rail assets
* Computer literate and conversant with OLE design using automated software
* Working knowledge of Microstation for production of both GA's and schematics in conjunction with CAD team
* NR accredited Designer and Checker for OLE allocation design
* Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
* Enthusiastic, committed with a 'can do' mentality
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Good experience of the co-ordination of the rail design process and team management
* Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines;
* Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
* Client focused approach to service delivery.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job