Our client is a forward-looking engineering consultancy with offices across UK. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior or Principal Engineer with relevant experience to join the Development and Infrastructure team in their Reading office.
The successful candidate will join a growing and vibrant Development and Infrastructure team providing strong technical guidance whilst contributing to work-winning with both existing and new clients.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering a broad range of services to public and private sector clients and partners, including:
- Preparation of feasibility studies, preliminary through to detailed design for road and drainage infrastructure
- Obtaining statutory approvals
- Contract preparation and procurement
- Site supervision and construction management
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Either Chartered Status or approaching chartered status (Senior Engineer)
- Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard road/drainage design software and sound knowledge of current design standards
- A positive and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to form constructive, lasting relationships with clients and professional partners
- Ability to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
- Ability to effectively lead an experienced team of professionals
- High standards of written and oral communication
- Excellent understanding of project management
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- A commitment to supporting the career development of colleagues
A competitive salary will be offered with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package together with some opportunities for flexible working.
This position provides plenty of scope for further career progression. A generous salary will be offered to the right person which will be negotiable depending on the ability / experience etc., but is likely to be in the region of £42-55,000 p.a.
Contact (In confidence) : Ian White (Recruitment Director)
Willis White Associates (Civil, Structural & Transportation Engineering Recruitment Consultants).