Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer - Birmingham
ARCADIS is a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: .
We are now looking to recruit a Senior or Principal Geotechnical Engineer, who has practical geotechnical work and design experience, to join our growing Geotechnical, GIS and data Management business based in Birmingham. The role will comprise working predominantly within our Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors, but also working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
Reporting to the Team Leader and Regional Operations Director, you will be required to coordinate the geotechnical input into multidisciplinary design projects of varying budgets and scales. The role will involve building relationships with internal and external clients, controlling technical and commercial aspects of projects together with assisting and participating in developing team members to their full potential.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors and sub-consultants, quality assurance, health & safety and client feedback and ensuring effective communication with all involved parties
- Managing the production of analysis and design and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of innovative strategies to maximise the technical value and profitability of design deliverables
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project
- Providing direction to the discipline team, leading by example to achieve Sector/ Discipline goals and championing a quality, innovative, client-focused and entrepreneurial culture
- Being familiar, compliant and able to undertake duties under the relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
QualificationsTo be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias, or
BSc in Geology with an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology bias, or
BSc in Geotechnical Engineering and Engineering Geology.
Chartership (ICE, IOM3, or GeolSoc) is required for a Principal role and desirable for a Senior role.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and provide direction to junior staff with excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Proven experience on large multi-disciplinary projects preferably in the UK.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to fulfil responsibilities of client liaison and mentoring junior staff.
- Good numerical and design skills and significant experience in the analysis of a wide range of geotechnical problems, including:
- Experience in implementation of Eurocode 7.
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments.
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as PDISP, WALLAP, Slope/W.
- Experience with Repute is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Highways England and network Rail Standards.
- Good people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
- Can demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience with regards commercial aspects of projects, including bidding and project management.
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office when required.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'