Senior / Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant - Durham
My client is an expanding multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy who has shown experienced successful new office openings throughout the UK in 2017. They are continuing this growth and are now looking for a Senior Geo-Environmental consultant to help expand the team in their Durham office.
You will be responsible for managing projects throughout the full lifecycle. This will include provision of proposals, planning, subcontractor management, resource management, scheduling for laboratory testing, site supervision, technical report writing and financial performance. In return you will be provided with:
? Support (chartership, internal/external training, personal growth)
? Clear route to progression upwards
? A strong team that works well together in a professional and friendly working environment
? A chance to see the impact of your work
- Experienced in supervision of/undertaking site assessment works.
- A track record of managing the practical technical and financial aspects relating to developing proposals for the completion of projects and delivering projects.
- A working knowledge of site/field assessment work relative to discipline, laboratory testing methods and scheduling (where necessary), assessing and interpretation of results of analysis and findings of field / site work.
- A working knowledge of the design of conceptual models/theoretical thought.
- Production of structured factual reports ad interpretative reports assimilating desk study data, site information and information from third parties to provide solutions to the clients issues as determined by the brief.
- Knowledge of analytical skills using computer software and technical guidance documents for the assessment of data to determine the required outcome for the project.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory bodies etc.)
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject (Geology, Environmental Science) and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc. (Engineering Geology, Contaminated Land)
- Demonstrate of industry experience.
- Desirable to be a Member of professional Body working towards Chartered status (CGeol, CEnv, CSci)
- Full UK Driving Licence
To discuss this opportunity please do not hesitate to contact me. I am a specialist recruiter covering the Geoscience field covering the entire UK. I have successfully placed a mix of specialists in: Contaminated Land consultants, Geo-Environmental engineers, Hydro-geologists, Engineering Geologists.
Send a copy of your CV to or call me on for a confidential chat.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- CONTAMINATED LAND
- SITE INVESTIGATION
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANCY
- ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY
- GEOENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER