A prestigious Powertrain Engineering Consultancy have an exciting opportunity for a Senior / PrincipalFirmware Engineer to join their team based in Milton Keynes. You will be employed on a full time, permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary.
They are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles.
Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, they create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger
The Software team is moving from a prototype driven environment to a production code development method. We are not afraid of changing how we work and what we do to deliver better software.
As a Senior / PrincipalFirmware Engineer, you will drive, design, implementation, test and integration.
You will join a small, agile team of skilled engineers working at a high technical level and have the opportunity to work on a broad range of truly innovative high-profile technologies
Key Responsibilities of a Senior / PrincipalFirmware Engineer,;
- Hardware related programming
- Real time C programming for embedded Microcontrollers
- Debugging and Problem Solving
- Involvement in SW architecture and microcontroller selection
- Integrate high level algorithms with low level embedded software drivers
- Configure AUTOSAR compatible base software and MCAL
- Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records
- Develop complex device drivers for electric motors
- Participating / contributing to design reviews of software projects and product design
The successful Senior / PrincipalFirmware Engineer will ideally be degree qualified in Software or Electronics Engineering. You will have strong knowledge in C programming, ideally for 32-bit microprocessors, experience in real time operating solutions and microcontrollers. You will have working knowledge of SPI, JTAG, and CAN.
It would be beneficial to have working knowledge of Eclipse, make / build environment, code test and verification, knowledge of protocols such as J1587, J1939, ISO14229, Boot loader, DMA and Cache Handling.
- Ongoing personal development
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Senior / PrincipalFirmware Engineer, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job