Senior Practitioner - SGO & Connected Person Assessment Team.
A new Special Guardianship Order (SGO) and Connected Person Assessment team was created in Essex in April 2019. This team has been undertaking SGO, Connected Person, Private Law, and 'Out of County' Assessments for half of the county. The team has been able to provide focused and expert assessments which have significantly improved the service given to children and families involved in SGO and Connected person care.
Given the success of the 1st team, we are now recruiting a 2nd team to expand this service countywide. The 2nd team will cover the South and West of the county but will be centrally based in Chelmsford alongside the 1st team, as both teams will share a joint referral system and will work collaboratively to develop best practice in this expanding and exciting area of social work.
Why work with us in Chelmsford?
- Working in a highly motivated, innovative and supported team
- A commitment to securing best outcomes for children
- Essex have a flexible working policy programme that, where possible, fits with family life and work life balance
- There is the opportunity to enhance your experience in court work as well as child protection and child in need practice policies and procedures
- Training/Workshops on the context of SGO's and what we have learnt to date
- Support to workers to include regular supervision, group supervision, workshops and reflective practise.
- To be involved in newly formed service with the scope to influence best practise and a positive working environment
- Based in friendly and pleasant offices in Chelmsford which have good transport links to motorways.
We are looking for a senior practitioner with:
- A diploma or degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent & Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Registered Social Worker.
- Experience of working within Children and Families and Fostering services.
- Commitment to children remaining with their extended family when possible.
- Confidence and competence in analytical assessment writing and in attending court.
- Understanding of the impact for carers of neglect/abuse and trauma on children.
- The drive and desire to help create a centre of 'expertise' for both applicants and professionals.
- A desire to innovate and make an impact individually and deliver positive outcomes collaboratively.
- The ability to organise and deliver training workshops for prospective Special Guardians.
- The skill to oversee, and quality assure other's assessments.
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective work with families, Child Care Teams, Independent Reviewing Officers and fostering teams.
- Excellent record keeping skills in order to model good practice to the team and to support the manager to collate data, monitor outcomes and respond to data requests.
- An interest in research, policy and processes and the creativity, ability and drive to develop ideas into practice,
- A commitment to flexible working in order to model flexibility within the team; as many assessments are out of county and/ or with families who have huge demands on their time.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding this role, please contact Tel: Service Manager, Fostering or Tel: Team Manager SGO & Connected Persons Assessment Team
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'