Senior Practitioner - Safeguarding (Court) - South East London
Social Personnel are currently working with a local authority in South East London who are looking for a suitably experienced Social Worker to join their service on a permanent basis.
This role is fundamental to ensuring that the authority provides good quality services to children and young people. A Senior Practitioner taking responsibility in this role will need to respond flexibly, positively and successfully in the face of ever growing pressure faced by authorities. This is an exciting time to join our client in transforming services for children. This role provides you with a unique opportunity to be innovative and aspirational for children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- Senior Practitioners may be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
- Working within the Borough’s Child Protection guidelines to undertake key worker responsibilities towards children on the child protection register as outlined in para. 6, but additionally:
- Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
- Providing reports to Child Protection Conferences.
- Making use of the legal framework including both criminal law and the Children Act in order to protect children. This may include giving evidence in court.
Why work here?
- Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
- Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
- Two week protected induction programme
- Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
- Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
- Dedicated time for reflective supervision
Employee Benefits: Car leasing allowance and loans, staff café and onsite dry-cleaning, Season Ticket Loan, discounted gym membership
If you have a friend or colleague that would be interested in this role we do offer a referral fee of £250 per candidate (which is paid once they have completed 3 month in post).