Senior Practitioner - Oasis Network
Please note this is Fixed Term Contract or Secondment opportunity for 12 months.
If you are an internal candidate please ensure you have informed your line manager of your expression of interest and that you are able to start the secondment in Nov/Dec 2019 (the date can be agreed with current line manager).
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
In ECC we are "Serious about Social Work". Having recently won the Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award 2018 and been awarded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn't enough, Essex has also been announced as a Partner in Practice by the Department of Education, and the Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) is the only Local Authority team in the country to be accredited by BASW as a CPD provider. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners.
Oasis Network is an extended family model of support for Foster families and Children in Care. We have one network set up already in Essex and have funding secured to develop 3 additional networks.
This 12-month Senior Practitioner post holder will be responsible for driving forward the next 3 Oasis Networks. They will do this by:
- Promoting the Oasis Network across fostering and child in care teams.
- Focusing on the recruitment of foster carers to the Oasis Network Carer role.
- Supporting fostering quadrant managers to set up the Oasis Network within each quadrant.
- Developing guidance and protocol to promote consistent good practice within each Oasis Network.
- Developing effective tools to measure wellbeing and financial outcomes of the Oasis Network.
- Setting up effective support systems between the Oasis Networks.
The post holder will need:
- Experience of the supervising social worker role and in depth knowledge of fostering regulations.
- Be able to evidence the skills needed to lead the development of a project.
- Highly developed communications skills
What you'll need to join our Social Work teams
- Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as Registered Social Worker.
- Demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS).
- Case recording.
- Demonstrate ability in the application of SW knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems e.g. Word, SW case recording systems.
I would welcome expressions of interest by 17th Oct with a small supporting statement covering why you are interested in the position and what you wish to bring to this role.
Should you have any early questions please contact Julie.macer-
to talk through the role informally before that date.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'