Senior Practitioner Children in Care, Essex. Amazing benefits. Paying up to £46,475 (health and coronavirus jobs)
REED Social care are currently recruiting for a full time (permanent) Senior Practitioner for the Children in Care team based in Essex.
Salary: £38,400 to £46,475 PA
Children in Care
Children in Care (CIC) teams work with children and young people up to the age of 18 who are in care- they’re unable to live at home and are either placed with foster carers or live in residential homes. You will work with children and young people to ensure their experiences in care is a good one and that the work undertaken prepares them for their transition into leaving care or return home to family.
As a Senior Practitioner you will provide leadership in the team, providing both support and mentoring to newly qualified or less experienced staff and deputising for the Team Manager when needed. You will oversee the review of some child in need plans particularly prior to closure and will have responsibility to lead in a practice area.
There will be opportunities for your own professional development and for being part of developing our team and service. There is an ethos of openness to the development of new ideas, particularly to reinforce our relationship-based focus, both with our service users and within the staff group.
- Have a Qualification in Social Work to degree level or equivalent
- Registered with Social Work England
- Experience of planning activities and programmes for children, young people and parents, and strong evidence of your knowledge and understanding of child development, relating theory and practice.
- Experience of court work in relation to Child Care matters and an understanding of the legal process, with knowledge of current legislation pertinent to Child Protection (e.g. CA1989, CJA1991), Guidance and Regulations.
- Ideally, you will have experience of Child Protection work including section 47 investigations and assessments since the implementation of the Children’s Act 1989
- Highly competitive package that includes access to our desirable pension scheme, life assurance (of three times your salary)
- Generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional holiday.
- Optional benefits such as tax-free savings on childcare and discounted health and dental care are also available.
- Development of your skills with ongoing training opportunities.
- Work/life balance. As such, you will be encouraged to make the most of our commitment to flexible working arrangements, including the chance to work from home.
- Child Protection
- Social Care
- Social Work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'