Senior PR and Communications Executive, Southampton
£30,000 - £32,000
An excellent opportunity for an experienced PR and Communications Executive to join our client, a leader in their industry.
Supporting the Head of Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for acquiring and retaining members, promoting the business and business events.
Further examples of responsibilities:
Develop, manage and implement a PR & Communications Plan, including specific projects, campaigns and initiatives
Responsible for the press office
The first port of call for all media enquiries and managing them effectively
Develop and implement a programme of regular, relevant and timely communications using the most appropriate channels by stakeholder and/or audience
Write compelling, relevant, targeted and on brand press releases, manage sign off, distribute and sell into the media as appropriate; including national, consumer, broadcast, regional
Deliver engaging copy for our marketing communications, including that within our e-newsletters, articles, literature and news pieces
Oversee the production of the Magazine with specific involvement in content planning
Procure and manage agencies and suppliers to deliver on and support the PR & Communications Plan
Establish and build relationships with key stakeholders including journalists, organisations, local government, partners, members and event exhibitors
Work with the Head of Marketing & Communications to develop the brand, including event branding and identity (look, feel, position, language, style, tone of voice and consistency) and how that works across the various communications channels
Work with our agencies to source, secure and maximise the ROI from our influencer and celebrity marketing activities
Regularly collate and report on media coverage and its activities; providing detailed performance data in relation to KPIs, with recommendations as appropriate
Provide PR & Communications guidance to senior colleagues including media training, interview briefings and speech writing when required
Provide recommendations and direction for Association PR & communications
Support the Marcomms team with industry knowledge and insight
Working with the Marcomms and Events team, develop PR and Communications Plans by event, promoting attractions, driving ticket sales and attendance
Manage the onsite dedicated Media Centre and/or press office function at each event, including media enquiries, office and press registration set up, the organisation and support of media staff, agencies and suppliers
Plan and manage all media events, including interviews and celebrity appearances
Take the lead role in creating and producing copy for any event publications, such as the official show guide and exhibitor news
What we're looking for:
- A proven PR professional with B2C and B2B experience. Including;
- Managing your time and that of multiple agencies effectively
- Experience working with all types of media, including national, consumer, broadcast, regional and industry specialist
- Managing budget
- Procuring, managing and negotiating with agencies and suppliers
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail
- Ideally, experience working in or with high-profile events
- Ability to assess, plan and deliver on PR & Communications opportunities and requirements
- Established media and press contacts
- Crisis Management experience
- Passion for what you do
- A positive and friendly 'can do attitude'
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A keen desire to own and develop the role
- Confident in making decisions and to stand by them
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Take responsibility for yourself
- A hunger to learn and keep yourself up to date
- Excellent communicator
- Creative, with the ability to think outside the box
- Able to prioritise your workload and work to strict deadlines
You will be based at their HQ in Southampton. Working hours are 9:00am - 5:00pm with the opportunity for flexible working arrangements, including working remotely.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'