Job Title: Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Location: Newton, Powys
Salary: £Negotiable Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting a Senior Power Electronics Engineer to work for our client based in Newtown as part of their Industrial Automation Team.
The company are involved in all aspects of innovative products which are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of their customers machines and processes.
- Creation of new designs
- Design of critical power components
- Design and develop analogue, digital, electronic circuits and systems for power electronics
- To implement designs, personally, and through other team members, which meet agreed functional design requirements and conforms to international EMC and Safety requirements and regulations
- Creation of new product specifications and documentation for record keeping
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Interface with external suppliers.
- Managing and facilitating type test meetings plus developing test equipment
Experience and Attributes:
- Masters Degree (MEng) in Power electronics with 2 years+ as an Engineer minimum
- Must have understanding of power electronic devices, topologies and control systems.
- Have used simulation tools (eg. PLECS, Saber, Simetrix, Pspice or Mathlab Simulink simulators)
- Ability to build prototypes, experimentation on systems and bench test.
- Have a working knowledge of planning tools and applies planning theory to his or her work.
- Have an awareness and desire to explore emerging technology, innovating ways to incorporate that into designs and products.
- Modeling, test and application of high power semiconductor and passive components
- Strong curiosity and interests to explore and develop new technology
- Thermal, mechanical or EMC for motor drives
- Electromagnetic & Electrostatic fields simulation and test and motor drive design
- Converter/inverter/rectifier or power supplies (AC/AC, DC/DC, AC/DC, DC/AC)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'