Senior Polymer Chemist - Midlands
Senior Polymer Chemist c£38-47k + Bonus +Benefits
An experienced polymers manager is urgently required to work closely with business Development and r&d teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customers. As an experienced senior polymer chemist you will provide and manage a mix of short to long term development projects within the Polymer Development team for new and modified products, and provide technical support to the businesses and their customers in the areas of the job holder’s expertise. As a polymer chemist you will provide support for new business development and manage the development of new, speculative ideas into projects. To deputise for the Polymer Development Manager as and when required.
- To plan, manage and execute long term development and technical support activities according to the plan for the Polymer Development department, including work for the Global businesses and their customers, and work identified by the Business Development function within R&D.
- To develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively, and to be responsible for the provision of formulations and manage the scaling up of new products.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To maintain a good understanding of potential IP and legislative implications of work carried out by the Polymer Development team, and be able to either lead individual patent applications or manage internal work to challenge competitor’s patents.
- To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of other R&D functions, such as the Application Development and Technical Service teams, as well as the commercial teams. This includes using the R&D job request systems, ensuring appropriate reporting in line with the R&D ISO9000 manual and effectively leading global cross-functional technology teams as and when required.
- To liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance as required in order to resolve production and quality issues and in support of new products.
- To liaise with customers, suppliers, trade associations etc., to maintain knowledge and understanding of the field, to keep the rest of the company abreast of such technology and to represent the company technically.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSC, MSc, PhD Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, or a related subject.
- Extensive experience in a R&D environment, in the polymer field.
- Experience in polymer manufacturing environment
- Experience of effectively reviewing and interpreting data, producing meaningful outcomes.
- Experience of effectively managing own workload and work to deadlines
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J3620 on
- Polymer Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"