My client, a growing London/Essex based Local Authority are looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join their team within Development Management, and in particular working with their exciting larger scale projects currently in progress in the Borough.
You will be joining a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with a number of regeneration and major development projects and are looking for someone to take a lead role in handling the applications and related matters. The client will also be able to offer you the opportunity to work from home 1-2 days per week.
Duties for Senior Planning Officer:
- To assess all types of planning and associated applications including site visit(generally unaccompanied), consultation, negotiation written report and recommendation to agreed timescales, including responsibility for major development proposals.
- To liaise with Planning Enforcement and Legal Services to progress of planning enforcement work to agreed timescales.
- Negotiate agreements under S.106 of the Town and Country Planning Act where appropriate to secure wider benefit from development proposals.
- Deal with planning appeals and represent the Council at Informal Hearings and Public Inquiries.
- Give pre-application planning advice to prospective developers.
- Advise local Societies, Associations and Groups on planning issues, including
attendance at meetings as required.
- Deal with correspondence on planning issues from MP.'s and Councillors in accordance with the standards set by Environment Direct.
To be successful for the Senior Planning Officer role you will need to be able to demonstrate previous experience handling Major Applications in the past, and be eligible for RTPI membership. You must be a car driver for this position, however the council will offer you a pool car to conduct site visits.
The client will be looking to pay between £30-40 per hour for the successful Senior Planning Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!