Senior Planning Engineer
Daily Rate Range - £300 to £330
- Deliver comprehensive delivery plans from high level strategic POAP's, to detail level schedules.
- Link together and test work estimates, integrating them into appropriate schedules.
- Produce EPM plans and validate against SAP and other data sources, review and advise S&OP process & reviews.
- Manage proposals through the DP stage process from inputting to the slide pack to ensuring diaries are aligned to expedite governance approvals
- Produce and run multiple complex gold packs to support quick turn round multi million pound international prospects
- Manage highly complex interdependencies between linked schedules from external and internal organisations for UK & international customer delivery.
- Produce 'what if' scenario plans to advise project & senior management decision points
- Application of Monte Carlo probabilistic modelling, Earned value reporting and schedule float analysis
- Identification of critical path and near critical activities, highlighting areas for regular & detailed scrutiny & review.
- Deliver schedule and cost reporting to management reviews
- Ability to analyse and control the data in SAP relating to NMSC IDT
- To contribute to the maintenance and continuous improvement of business processes.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Ability to quickly and without any direction assimilate data and deliver the needed outcomes in terms of schedules and cost / price plans
- Experience of managing highly complex & interdependent project schedules where the programme involves internal and external supply, multiple year timescales and in excess of £10m value.
- Excellent knowledge of current planning tools, Excel and SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills to present programmatic / schedule issues in a clear and understandable manner are essential
- Good understanding of a technical operating environment or similar organisation
- Adoption of a culture of continuous improvement
- Have the flexibility and gravitas to manage and deliver whole minor bids including writing proposals when alternative resources are not available
- High level understanding of naval ships and combat systems.
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Communicating to an audience of widely varying knowledge, experience and ability.
- To integrate well with the rest of the Maritime Integrated Delivery Teams & supporting functions
- To be able to successfully apply current knowledge to the scheduling of complex delivery programmes covering a wide variety of contractual scopes.
- To the appropriate Integrated Delivery Team Lead, Programme & Project Managers for the provision of detailed schedules and supporting analysis for campaign, capture and delivery projects.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.
- Planning and Engineer and delivery and EPM and SAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job