Senior Planning Consultant DM
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Becoming a Senior Planning Consultant will ensure you are part of an ambitious and award-winning team providing our clients with high quality, timely and outcome-based Development Management services.
You will be accountable for: -
- Processing mainly minor and small-scale major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
- Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for all clients.
- Contributing to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst project managing your work to ensure client KPI's are met/exceeded in terms of timeliness and quality of output, adding value wherever possible.
- Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Planning Consultant you will:
- Be concise and possess the ability to communicate at all levels, be well Organised and efficient, have a positive attitude, be proactive and solve problems to produce well balanced outcomes.
- Provide consistently high-quality professional advice on planning matters to our clients, members of the public, Councillors and others as necessary
- Negotiate with applicants and agents in order to obtain high quality outcomes within given time constraints set out in our contractual arrangements with our core client and a range of external clients.
- Provide concise, accurate, justified and timely reports and recommendations on mainly minor and small major planning applications and pre application discussions applying current legislation and policy changes as appropriate.
- Support your peers and mentor more junior staff to ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects. Be willing to travel to meet our client requirements. Driving license required.
What we're looking for:Essential:
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a planner/senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
- A demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary.
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2years' service and 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
About Local Government Services: At Government Services, we're transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We're using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air. Join us and discover better as you keep the country running smoothly. You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
About our Planning Team: For more than 30 years Capita has been working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity, enhancing their use of technology and data, improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies. Capita is committed to the local government sector and is the market leader in the delivery of Planning Resilience Services to Local Authority clients. We have worked with over 100 Local Authority clients nationwide and have an outstanding track record of providing Development Management, Planning Policy, Minerals and Waste and Consultancy services to our clients. We are investing in our growing capability in data analytics, robotics and automation to further develop our Plan Tech offer and to deliver digital innovation to the market.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Charlotte Barnett@
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'