Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen within nmcn Water for a Senior Planner. Reporting to the Head of Planning, you will be responsible for creating and maintain programmes for the complete project lifecycle from Bid/Tender stage to delivery, handover and benefits realisation stage. You will work closely with the Estimating teams, Delivery Teams, Project and Site Managers, their engineering and construction teams to develop and update cost loaded and resourced programmes where required.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Develop and maintain a strategic programme of works closely and collaboratively with a key client using Primavera P6.
- Liaise with clients and external planning consultants
- Lead Programme Meetings.
- Provide Critical Path analysis
- Identify programme risk and opportunity contributing to the project risk and opportunity register
- Ensure all programmes are submitted to client in a timely manner in line with contract requirements (Clause 31/32)
- Provide Programme evidence to support Early Warnings (EWN’s) and Compensation Events (CEN’s)
- Line Management for a team of Planners/Junior Planners
- Work closely with Senior Estimators to create compliant tender programmes
- Ensuring client focused planning output including the adoption of Collaborative Planning where possible.
- Identification and tracking of all changes or potential changes to the agreed construction scope, ensuring that the relevant contract principles are applied and that the impacts are given immediate visibility to appropriate stakeholders
- Adoption of Collaborative Planning (an internal delivery tool).
- Ensuring accurate and timely planning, including progress reporting, effective measurement of key dates and milestones.
- Receiving and understanding of all project programme data and integrate all construction activities to mitigate potential resource and workface clashes
- Ensuring Compliance with nmcn Programme and Planning Control Standards
- Compilation of Project and Programme Information
- Carry out site Programme reviews to ensure accurate recording of progress
- Monitoring and Updating of Project and Programme Information
- Pro-active and forward looking to support stakeholders in strategic and management decisions
- Ability to travel and spend time in our regional offices to support the planning teams
The experience and personal attributes we’re looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'