Position: Senior Planner
Location: London (M25)
Salary: To £60k plus excellent benefits package
The company is a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. The company employs 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues and supports UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
As a Senior Planner you will develop, manage and maintain project schedules and associated breakdown structures for effective project planning and progress monitoring, including the development and application of planning best practice to ensure consistency in schedule definition and development, and delivery of integrated portfolio, programme and project plans.
Your Day-to-Day duties will include:
- Develop and maintain programme or project schedules and manage the coordination of activities at project level ensuring alignment and integration
- Develop the process and framework used to define, maintain, report and control schedules, identify interfaces, promote and monitor milestone definition sheets, establish baselines, code and resource schedules.
- Ensure consistent application, effective and timely delivery of time management
- Work with Programme and Project Managers to confirm project scope, define work breakdown structures and develop the activity schedules and milestone definitions, manage the alignment of scope, time and cost in the schedule through coding, resource loading, logic linking and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress.
- Work with Cost Managers to integrate time and cost through cost and resource loaded schedules
- Work with Risk Managers and project teams to identify and drive down risk to agreed plans, ensuring that potential conflicts are understood and make sound proposals to mitigate each risk.
- Work with Risk and Cost teams to develop summary schedules for monte carlo analysis, run QRAs and provide analytical support using QRA outputs
- Work with the Change Manager to assess the impacts of change on the schedule and provide constructive but determined challenge to schedule change e.g. challenge schedule assumptions and logic.
- Provide expert input at planning workshops, protect integrity of schedules and alignment to execution plans.
- Provide presentations, coaching and facilitation in the use of planning software
- Apply critical path analysis to facilitate de-risking of the plan.
- Run schedule integrity checks using appropriate tools to ensure plans are of appropriate quality and integrity
- Produce progress reports showing variance against the baselines, including RAG status reports based against time
- Provide guidance and undertake earned value analysis to inform proactive decision making and risk mitigation
- Complete and close out schedule activities to capture as built data for time and cost benchmarking
As the ideal candidate you will have an engineering based degree or similar and are likely to be working towards a recognised qualification in Project Controls (NVQ level 3). You should have experience in working with Programme and Project Managers to clarify scope and build appropriate schedules to aid management activities.
Further relevant experience should include an in-depth and broad understanding of planning as applied in major construction environments, coupled with extensive expertise in the development/maintenance of project and programme baselines (principally within a Primavera P6 toolset) and their utilisation in generating earned value management information.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
- Primavera P6
- Project Work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job