My client, a Planning and Development Consultancy based in Manchester, is looking for a talented Senior Planner to join the team. This practice offer a broad range of services including general planning advice, expert witness, application auditing, evidence base, appeals, case making and application support material. My client work closely with both public and private sector clients throughout the North West, West Midlands, South West and North East.
To be considered for the role of Senior Planner, you will:
- Have a strong academic background with a degree or diploma in Town Planning
- Have full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI)
- Hold at least 5 years' post-graduate experience, preferably within a consultancy environment
- Show a strong interest and hold experience in providing retail planning advice and/or promoting house building
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Feel comfortable working independently and using your initiative
- Hold a full, clean driving licence
The successful candidate will join a friendly and dynamic team and will have the opportunity to work with a broad and well-established client base. You will provide retail planning advice to local planning authorities throughout the UK, which will range from providing support material for planning applications to preparing the evidence base for local plans. You will also be involved with expert witness appearances at inquiries and will maintain strong working relationships with all clients.
Working as a Senior Planner within this consultancy, you will manage projects of varying scales and will be required to draft planning statements in support of various applications. A large part of your work will involve promoting house building, primarily on behalf of land owners.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package and will join a supportive team. You will have the opportunity to progress within the company and will receive ongoing training and support.
For more information or for further vacancies within the Planning sector, please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on . Alternatively, you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: .
KEYWORDS: planning, planner, senior, consultant, consultancy, MRTPI, Manchester, retail, house builder