Senior Planner | Town Planning & Development Consultancy
Tonbridge and Malling district of Kent | £30,000 - £37,000 pa + benefits package
Penguin Recruitment are pleased to be working with an experienced Town Planning & Development Consultancy on a Senior Planner vacancy within their Kent office.
The company operate out of two offices in the South of England but offer nationwide coverage. Our client provide advice to a range of clients across the public and private sectors with experience in planning for all types of development, and particular specialisms in Housing, Affordable Housing, and Care. Holding over 30 years experience in the market, our client are established, respected and trusted by clients across the UK.
Typical duties for this role include:
- Preparing a variety of planning applications and appeals
- Undertaking site development appraisals and planning assessments
- Liaising with local authorities
- Delivering general planning advice to clients
- Preparing and submitting planning applications and supporting documents
- Preparing of Policy representations
- Preparing Appeal submissions
- Holding a thorough understanding of planning law, relevant court judgements and national planning policy
- Attendance at committee meetings to include speaking
- Developing client relationships both new and existing
- Managing and co-ordinating project teams
- Preparation and attendance at public exhibition
Qualifications and Experience needed to apply:
- A degree in a planning related discipline, be fully MRTPI qualified and have a minimum of 3 years post qualification town planning experience.
- You will have experience in managing complex applications through the planning process and ideally have some consultancy experience.
- You should have a strong understanding of the UK planning system and legislation.
- You should be commercially astute and driven planner who thrives on achieving results for their clients.
- You will have a track record of handling and processing both minor and major applications/appeals. The Senior Planner will be managing their own work load, as well as supporting senior colleagues across all sectors.
Our client are able to offer a positive and supportive environment, ongoing career guidance from a senior leadership team and a competitive salary and benefits package (guide of £30,000 - £37,000 pa + discretional bonus, pension, business mileage etc ).
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable Planners immediately so to please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on or
- Private Sector
- Town Planner
- Town Planning