Senior Pitch & BD Advisor
In the role of Senior Pitch & BD Advisor for DLA Piper in Brussels, you are responsible for contributing to new business generation. You do this by project managing the full life cycle of pitches and new business development opportunities for Belgium. You will manage the firms various Directory and Award submission for Belgium, and contribute to international submissions where needed. You will be dedicated to driving improvement in the pitch process, measured by the success rate. Occasionally, you might be asked to support our teams in France, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- End-to-end coordination, project management and delivery of all Belgium pitches across practice groups and sectors (including government and EU organisations)
- Project manage, coordinate and draft of written proposals and pitch presentations (comment on drafts, revise and advise partners and senior lawyers on approach and style)
- Coach, mentor and support junior colleagues in our Global Services Centre (GSC) team on best practice pitch techniques
- Deliver bespoke pitch training to the fee-earning community and support functions to highlight best practice; increase efficiency and deliver improved success rate
- Provide ongoing recommendations on improving the pitch process, approach and style
- Liaise with support functions (Finance, Risk, Conflicts, Reprographics and DP) to manage input and ensure timely delivery of pitches
- Coordinate and manage presentation trainings (focus on team structure, dynamics, key message, and brainstorming)
- Adhere to DLA Piper’s international pitch process
- Conduct internal and external pitch debrief, post tender reviews, identify best practice and future enhancements, and ensure these improvements are implemented
- Develop, update and maintain pitch materials
- Provide pitch reports to the management on win/loss ratios and fee income generated from supported pitches
- Provide strategic pitch advice to fee earners, including bid/no bid, win strategy and value proposition development
- Contribute to central pitch team initiatives; participate in quarterly calls and add value into improving the global pitch
- Manage the firms various Directory and Award submissions for Belgium
- Support the wider marketing team on key client initiatives, sector initiatives, events and sponsorships and marketing communications where needed
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 5+ years' relevant experience within a legal or professional service environment, ideally within a pitch or BD related role
- Degree in marketing, law or any related field
- Commercial awareness with an excellent understanding of pitch & proposal management
- Knowledge of Marketing/BD processes (new business processes, CRM, and emerging technologies needed to help us win and retain clients’ legal work)
- The ability to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy; ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Exceptional project and time management skills; ability to multi-task and work to deadlines. You are methodical and logical in your approach. You thrive in a robust and fast paced environment
- Ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- Proven track record in dealing with a demanding workload and managing conflicting priorities
- Excellent sales and coaching skills
- Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- Dutch and/or French native speaker, with excellent command of English (Verbal and written)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to write in a clear and concise manner, an active listener with a strong probing and consultative listening skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook). MS Project, and InterAction/CRM systems experience are a big plus
- Exceptional Ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- Positive approach with a can-do attitude, initiative taker, able to work well independently as well as in a team
- Business minded, able to see the bigger picture, translate and incorporate the firm’s objectives and values in your work
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job