Senior PI Claims Handler
We are excited to be partnered with a well established insurance claims specialist who have operated their successful business in the North West for 18 years.
Their expansion has seen them take on an international presence and work with some of the most prestigious brands within the insurance sector.
Due to further expansion we are now assisting them in the growth of their new division who will specialise within the motor claims industry. They work closely with aggregators such as compare the market, money supermarket and go compare to ensure their customers have an unrivalled first class service as soon as they require any of our catalogue of services. We are looking for a Senior PI Claims Handler to join the company on an immediate basis.
The role of the Senior PI Claims Handler is to proactively and efficiently deal with Personal Injury and credit hire claims, ensuring the best settlement within the best time frame achieved.
In your role as a Senior PI Claims Handler you will be responsible for:
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient and expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer/third party receives a professional service at all times
- Handle all personal injury claims up to the handling authority limit. Deal and be able to mitigate claims costs
- Review and verify data to ensure fraud is detected whenever present
- Identify and highlight indemnity concerns, taking appropriate action
- Be able to investigate claims and ascertain whether there are fraud indicators and be able to confidently discuss liability
- Have a good understanding of the Highway Code and case laws
- Be able to use and understand multiple systems
- Have a full and detailed understanding of the reserving philosophy and able to set and amend claim reserves for various aspects of the claim in line with the reserving philosophy
- Ensure claim data and costs are accurately inputted
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to including the protection of client and company data
- Coach and deal with referral queries from the team with a few to supporting the team leader in developing the team
- Have a thorough understanding of the pre-action protocol and ligation process
- Proactively pursue recovery of claims where there is a split liability
Skills / Knowledge / Experience for the role as a Senior PI Claims Handler
- Clear and professional communication skills - be able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge both verbally and in writing.
- Very good negotiation, influencing and listening skills.
- Excellent understanding of third party claims, liability, personal injury and recovery claims processes.
- Strong Planning and time management skills.
- Experience of identifying root cause analysis
- An excellent understanding of the reserve philosophy
- Experience of handling complaints, be able to problem solving and provide solutions.
- T skills and familiar with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Thorough understanding of the Pre-action protocol and GTA and Non GTA process in respect of credit hire claims.
The successful candidate will earn a salary of up to £22.5k- £25k depending on experience.
Their flagship offices offer free parking, free refreshments, healthcare and childcare voucher options, exciting incentives, dress down days, regular charity events and much more. With growth plans spanned across 2019 we are keen to individuals who have a passion for career growth.
- claims personal injury PI recovery liability complaints
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'