Senior Physiotherapist ( MSK )
Band 6/7 equivalent depending on experience
Full time, Permanent
Circle MSK Greenwich, Eltham Community Hospital, London
We have an exciting opportunity for 2x Senior Physiotherapists to join our MSK Physiotherapy team based in Greenwich. Our team are involved in developing new and innovative pathways for Chronic conditions, back pain and osteoarthritis. We run a 'Shared decision making' service where experienced clinicians help patients make decisions about their healthcare options. This guides the patient to make informed choices about their care and understand all the options available to them.
Clinicians will be able to develop their skills in motivational interviewing and clinical decision making. Our clinical teams are actively involved in choosing, monitoring and developing new pathways to deliver excellent patient care. To provide alternatives to surgery, our team set up patient access to: APOS therapy; Ossur 'unloader one' knee brace for unicompartmental OA; non-invasive pain pathways. We monitor the outcomes of these treatments and undertake audits to understand the effects, constantly seeking to empower clinicians to evolve and improve the service.
We are looking for real team players, who are adaptable, able to prioritise their own workload, balance conflicting demands and tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy,
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification Physiotherapy experience (2 years in MSK speciality),
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Able to provide evidence of accredited post-graduate training and CPD relevant to the management of musculoskeletal conditions and pain within the biopsychosocial model of care.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as an excellent command of both written and oral English.
We are looking for physiotherapists who can demonstrate an understanding and involvement of Clinical Governance and risk assessment. They must be able to use advanced clinical reasoning skills to provide an accurate clinical diagnosis and be skilled at formulating, developing and delivering a specialised individualised treatment programmes.
- To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities and use of time
- To ensure collection of clinical outcomes
- To undertake comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of patients including those with a variety of simple to complex presentations
- To deliver the service on a face-to-face assessment and treatment basis and, where necessary, refer onward. The post holder is expected to carry out appropriate clinical risk assessment in clinic settings
- To participate in the delivery of telephone-based assessment and advice service, alongside clinic-based work
- To work as an autonomous practitioner utilising analytical skills to form an accurate diagnosis and inform patients of realistic rehabilitation prognosis and future prospects with respect to work, sport, function etc
- To identify clinical problems and use clinical reasoning skills to establish patient-centred goals and draw up treatment plans utilising a wide range of treatment skills and options; seeking clinical guidance or second opinion as clinically indicated
- To communicate effectively with patients of all ages, taking into consideration their mental health and psychological effects of pain, trauma, injury etc or dementia, hearing and visual impairments, aggressiveness and a history of alcohol/drug abuse
If you think your skills match the role requirements, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join us and we would love to hear from you.
We will pay you a competitive salary and provide our employees a comprehensive benefits package. To apply please email your CV to or call .